Sunday, November 25, 2007

Greetings

Welcome to my first blog.

My goal is to post at least once a week and I hope I can entertain you as well as provide you with a few alternative investment ideas and views.

This blog is about the global insurance industry which I find totally fascinating and enjoyable. With by far the largest share of the insurance industry, North America will hold much of my focus . However, I will also be exploring the fast growing insurance business in the Far East in particular China and India as well as other parts of the world.

Many investors find the insurance business dull and boring and would much rather read about fast growing semiconductor stocks or the latest high-flying IT company. If you are one of these people you're in the wrong place!

Nevertheless when it comes to investment returns the insurance business can be very sexy (consider this, only two value investors , Warren E Buffett & Shelby Cullom Davis, have made the US Fortune 500 list through investing & they achieved this mostly through insurance company investments)

Of course the same discipline of investing should apply when investing in insurance businesses just like any other form of stock investing.

As well as posting blogs , I will be providing my favourite links and highlighting other worthwhile publications. Also please give me your feedback, I don't mind if its positive or negative , I'd love to hear from you.

So grab a coffee , sit back & relax and enjoy ....

No comments: